The New Black and White Fine Art Photography
September 1-3, 2017
If you want to join the waiting list, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Create MORE than photography!
Julia Anna Gospodarou – IPA 2016 Architecture Photographer of the Year
After a fantastic workshop last year, (en)Visionography comes back to New York.
Happy to launch my next workshop in one of the most amazing cities of the world, New York City, where I will be teaching
(en)Visionography – The New Black and White Fine Art Photography.
“The phrase “Highly Recommended” is just an understatement to describe Julia’s workshops. “
I believe photography is an art.
I believe the vision of the artist is what gives birth to his work.
I believe art can help us reach the essence of life.
I believe photography is a wonderful tool to create art.
I believe photography is MORE than just photography: It is
This is what you will learn to create in New York.
What New York Workshop 2017 will teach you
- New York Workshop 2017 will teach you how to transform your black and white photography into (en)Visionography, how to transform it into ART.
- It will teach you how to create EMOTION and how to reach deeper into your viewers’ soul.
- It will teach you more than just photography, it will teach you how to be an ARTIST.
- It will teach you how to turn your images into AWARD-WINNING photographs, worth being exhibited in the most exclusive fine art galleries in the world.
- All these skills will help you become a professional fine art photographer and be able to make a living from what you love, your photography.
(en)Visionography = Artist’s Vision & Personal Style = EMOTION
How does it work?
From the initial sparkle of vision till advanced black and white fine art post-processing with the method of Photography Drawing™, we will cover everything in depth, while revealing your personal style and helping the artist inside you to manifest through photography.
You don’t believe you are an artist? Think again!
You may not know yet what you hide inside you, but if you are reading about this workshop, I can guarantee you that you are an artist and you will be amazed to discover the artistic richness you hide inside, but didn’t know how to manifest. I will show you how to do it in the New York Workshop 2017.
With a camera, a processing software and your mind and soul, you can create real art. Proof? All my students who had amazing achievements after our work because they discovered the artist inside themselves and learned how to create art through photography.
Examples of Past Students’ Work
New York Workshop 2017 Program Outline
Lectures & Free Discussions
- Vision and how to create (en)Visionography™ – Lecture & free discussion with the students
- The Guide to Vision™ – Practical advice on how to find your personal style – Lecture & free discussion with the students
- How to See in Black and White – Learn to see and create light in black and white – Lecture & free discussion with the students
- The Principles and Steps in Photography Drawing™ – Theoretical basis of my black and white processing method Photography Drawing™. – Lecture & free discussion with the students
Black and White Fine Art Processing Demonstrations
- Live demo – Advanced black and white fine art processing – demonstrating in practice my method Photography Drawing™, the method I use in my photography and that brought me many awards, fully applied on one of my images – Processing instructional session
Shooting in the Field
- Shooting in the field the most iconic locations of New York, and hands-on instructional sessions: long exposure and fine art black and white architectural photography
We will mostly shoot architecture and cityscapes, but the knowledge you will get from this workshop can be applied on any subject, since it is based on your personal style and not necessarily on the subject.
For those who need to travel and arrange their trip to NYC, we will be starting the workshop on Friday September 1st around 8:30 AM and finish on Sunday September 3rd around 5:00 – 5:30 PM. The meeting room for the instructional sessions will be located centrally, in the Midtown area.
Appreciations from the experts
“I consider Julia’s (en)Visionography and Photography Drawing the most important innovation in black and white photography since the invention of the Zone System.”
– George DeWolfe – Fine Art Photographer, Instructor & Writer who studied with Ansel Adams and Minor White
More to Learn at New York Workshop 2017
- Learn how to envision, conceive and process your black and white images to create (en)Visionography.
- Learn how to discover your vision and create a personal style
- Learn how to process your images with Photography Drawing, by watching me demonstrating the method live.
- Learn the ins and outs of long exposure photography, from an artist featured by Formatt-Hitech, the leading ND filters producer in the world.
- Learn how to use ND filters efficiently, including the revolutionary Formatt-Hitech Firecrest 16 stops and the new “no light-leak” Firecrest holder.
- Learn how to use a tilt-shift lens, the best lens for shooting architecture, landscapes and portraits. You do notneed to own a tilt-shift lens to attend, but I will show you how to use it.
- Shoot some of the most iconic locations in the world
- Win international fine art photography competitions, with images shot in New York.
Who can participate
Both beginning and advanced photographers are welcome to New York Workshop 2017, regardless the gear they use or how long they are doing photography. After all, fine art, (en)Visionography, relies more on the vision of the artist than on his gear. I have won many awards with basic gear and you can do it too.
What equipment you need
- A camera with bulb function so you can shoot long exposure. If you don’t want to shoot long exposure you don’t need the bulb function, but I wouldn’t miss in your place the chance to shoot long exposure.
- Your favorite lenses. A wide angle lens will help you and if you have a tilt-shift, you will see how good it is for shooting in the city.
- ND filters if you want to shoot long exposure. Recommended: 10, 13 and 16 stops ND filters. Alternatively, 10, 6 and 3-stops ND filters.
- A tripod to stabilize your camera during long exposures
- A cable release to control the shutter during the exposures.
In addition, love for photography and enthusiasm to express yourselves as artists. Passion and artistic aspiration are priceless in fine art photography.
What my alumni students say
“Where I am in photography now, I owe it to Julia for being such a awesome mentor and teacher.”
“Julia is a true professional in her approach to photography.“
“Taking Julia’s workshop was the best thing I ever did: her natural teaching style gave me the confidence I needed.”
“I’ve learned that to become the best, you learn from the best, so I sought out Julia.”
“I believe Julia is one the best fine art photographers in the world. I fell in love with her work as soon as I discovered it.”
“Julia’s work is only surpassed by her gentle spirit and kindness as an instructor. “
“Learning from Julia is not just intensive and packed with valuable information, it is also fun and exciting.”
“I highly recommend Julia’s workshops to anyone wanting to take their work to a level that they may have never thought possible. “
“Julia is a true inspiration, a great photographer and I don’t think I would be able to learn from anyone else so quickly. “
“I will forever be indebted to Julia, studying with her has truly been both an honor and a transformation for myself and my profession.”
“She changed the way I see, the way I approach a subject, the way I react to light, and the way I process my images. “
“The phrase “Highly Recommended” is just an understatement to describe Julia’s workshops. “
“Julia’s goal is to see each one of her students excel in both technical and creative aspects. “
More testimonials here: Students Testimonials
What is Included:
Professional multi award-winning instructor
Theoretical presentations in the classroom.
Processing instructional sessions.
Access to conference room with presentation screen.
What is NOT included:
Visas – The visa is exclusively the responsibility of the student as we cannot provide it or facilitate its issue.
Travel Expenses (Flights etc)
Travel or health insurances
Other expenses due to events outside the organizer’s control.
It is highly advisable to purchase your own insurances covering gear, health, travel and possible cancellations which are not included.
Refunds and Cancellations:
A commitment fee of 30% of the value of the workshop fee is non-refundable. This fee is meant to cover the preliminary organizing and administrative costs.
In the case of a cancellation, the request must be made in writing at email@example.com . Refunds will be in full, (less the commitment fee) if cancellation is made up to 90 days prior to the start of the workshop. No refund will be made for cancellations made after the 90 days limit, unless you can find a replacement student for your spot. The workshop fee is event related and cannot be transferred to another workshop or course.
The organizer has the right to change the routes, program or any other activity at any time, if considered necessary or in the cases where it is impossible to follow the initial program due to external causes or any other reasons that might obstruct it. The information on this page is subject to change without notice. The workshop may be canceled in the unlikely event the minimum number of participants is not met.
Read here the detailed Terms & Conditions
Julia Anna Gospodarou – (en)Visionographer