NEW DATE – MARCH 26-28, 2021
(Postponed due to COVID-19)
ARTISTIC CREATIVITY AND BLACK & WHITE FINE ART PROCESSING
If you would like to join the waiting list, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Create MORE than photography
JULIA ANNA GOSPODAROU
Founder of (en)Visionography, leader of the New Wave of 21st Century Black and White Fine Art Photography, highly sought-after educator, experienced workshop leader, IPA Professional Architecture Photographer of the Year, World Photography Awards & Hasselblad Masters Finalist, winner of more than 80 major awards and distinctions for Black & White Fine Art Photography, author of best-selling book From Basics to Fine Art, progressive experienced architect and lover of art in all shapes and forms.
Also, great to work with, fun and easygoing. Ask all the alumni students!
A new and original concept, (en)Visionography has rapidly gained worldwide recognition in the 21st Century and more and more artists start approaching photography this way every day.
“The phrase “Highly Recommended” is just an understatement to describe Julia’s workshops. “
(en)VISIONOGRAPHY COMING BACK TO NEW YORK
At your request, (en)Visionography is coming back to New York, with a NEW WORKSHOP CONCEPT – Artistic Creativity and Black and White Fine Art Processing
Workshop highly recommended to students who want to unleash the artist in them and take their black and white processing skills to the level of art.
HIGHLY POPULAR EXTRA OPTION – Personal Follow-Up Mentoring
To get even more value from this course, choose the extra option available together with the workshop: Personal Workshop Follow-Up Mentoring. See more details in the registration form.
Limited class -15 students
About your instructor – About the workshop
Julia was one of the first 21st Century artists working extensively with digital photography, after having worked for years with analogue photography, who became aware and publicly spoke in her books, articles, lectures and workshops about the need to see digital photography as a new discipline, independent from traditional analogue photography, due to the fundamental differences in the way they are experienced and created.
This new discipline, which she called (en)Visionography™, is the response of photography to art in a time when photography benefits of tremendously evolved technical resources, never before experienced, both as for the gear used to capture the image as well as for the software used to take it from the state of raw material to an expression of the vision of the artist. Many photographers are not yet aware of the real potential of these means and of how they can be used creatively in a new way that goes much beyond what was possible in traditional photography.
Julia’s mission is to make this huge potential known and available to everybody through the concept of (en)Visionography, so each photographer can become an artist by using these tools at their full power. She accomplishes this with her original method of teaching that has helped hundreds of students over the years go from having a passion for photography to becoming the successful artists they dreamed to be.
In this workshop Julia will delve into the depths of this new way of creating photography, focusing extensively on the practical part of creating the final image as a result of the expression of the artist’s vision, by using her creative and processing method for black and white photography, called Photography Drawing™, which enables the use of the processing software in a way that gives the artist total control and total freedom of creation.
She will share with the students the secrets of creating the recognizable three-dimensional dark and atmospheric style of her black and white architectural images, where every image tells a story and every object is a symbol and a character in that story, like characters in a play, style that has been an example followed by many photographers over the past years, bringing them recognition, awards and a career in fine art photography.
Julia believes that every artist has their own artistic uniqueness and that by using the right tools they can become authentic outstanding artists. She will share her practical guidelines as an effective method that will give the students a roadmap to walk this path that leads to a successful life as an artist-photographer in the digital world.
I believe photography is an art.
I believe the vision of the artist is what gives birth to his or her work.
I believe art can help us reach the essence of life.
I believe photography is MORE than just photography: It is
This is what you will learn to create in New York in March.
An intensive and exciting workshop that will elevate your art to the highest level and turn you into masters of B&W processing
- Learn black and white photography, from start to finish.
- Discover your artistic vision, master the shooting process and become a virtuoso of black and white processing.
- Learn my original, most effective method of processing PHOTOGRAPHY DRAWING™, which helped me win tens of awards and will enable you to create photography like artists do. B&W Processing does not have to be complicated. The best things are the simplest. Come, and I’ll show you how.
And NO, you do not need to know how to draw, nor will you have to learn it at the workshop. What you will learn is how to think and create photography like an artist, by using the light principles used in drawing and painting.
- Learn how to create EMOTION and how to reach deeper into your viewers’ soul.
- Transform your black and white photography into (en)Visionography, transform it into ART
- Leave your mark in modern fine art photography.
New York Workshop 2021 will teach you more than just photography, it will teach you how to be an ARTIST.
It will teach you how to turn your images into AWARD-WINNING photographs, worth being exhibited in the most exclusive fine art galleries in the world.
All these skills will help you become a professional fine art photographer and be able to make a living off what you love, your photography.
New York Workshop 2021 Program Outline
Lectures & Free Discussions
- How to Find Your Vision and Make the Best of Your Creativity – Learn to create your photography the way artists do – by discovering and developing your vision, by understanding, stimulating and refining your creativity and by learning to control the artistic act of creating a fine art photograph. Learn to be authentic and create a unique personal style.
- How to Recreate Your Vision in Black and White – Learn to see and recreate your vision in black and white by creating light and shadow – Lecture & free discussion with the students
- The Principles and Processing Steps in Photography Drawing™ – Theoretical analysis of my black and white processing method Photography Drawing™. – Lecture & free discussion with the students
Black and White Fine Art Processing Demonstrations
- Live Full Demonstration – Advanced black and white fine art processing – demonstrating in practice my processing method Photography Drawing™, the method I use in my photography and that brought me many awards, fully applied on one of my images – Processing instructional session
Black and White Fine Art Hands-On Practice with the Students
- Practice black and white processing with the newly acquired knowledge and technique, under my direct guidance and by receiving hands-on immediate assistance – Hands-on processing session on students’ images
Black and White Fine Art Portfolio Reviews
- Receive direct feedback on your black and white work, and constructive suggestions for improvement, based on your own vision and personal style, in an open and highly effective discussion with your teacher – Hands-on student image analysis and review
Shooting in the Field
- Shooting in the field the most iconic locations of New York, and hands-on instructional sessions.
- Learn how to shoot Long Exposure and Architecture Photography if you are a beginner, and become a master of the genre, if you are more advanced.
Shooting Locations – Highlights
- Empire State Building, Chrysler Building, Flatiron Building, architecture by Frank Gehry and Santiago Calatrava, like NYC by Gehry and Oculus, World Trade Center & Memorial Pools, Brooklyn Bridge and more.
We will mostly shoot architecture and waterscapes, but the knowledge you will acquire in this workshop can be applied to any subject, since it is based on your personal style and not necessarily on the subject.
IMPORTANT PROGRAM INFO – USEFUL FOR SCHEDULING YOUR TRIP
All students will receive a detailed program per day with info about the class sessions, as well as info about the locations we will be shooting, hotel recommendations, and other useful recommendations and tips for your trip.
Also, I will share with you an important amount of material for study, even before the workshop and out instructional sessions so you can be as well prepared as possible.
For those who need to travel and arrange their trip to NYC, we will be starting the workshop on Friday, March 27 around 8:00 – 8:30 AM and finish on Sunday, March 29 around 5:00 – 5:30 PM. The meeting room for the instructional sessions will be located centrally, in the Midtown area and I will update you as to the exact address in our further communication.
The program every day will be from around 8:00 – 8:30 AM till around 5:00 – 5:30 PM, maybe later, depending on your resistance and willingness to shoot. All my students know that I don’t mind shooting with my students even after the workshop hours. This is going to be more than just a photography class; it will be a chance for all of us to share our passion for photography and art and interact with each other. And I love doing that. So, plan your time accordingly.
Examples of Alumni Students Work
With a camera, a processing software and your mind and soul, you can create real art. Proof? All my students who had amazing achievements after our work because they discovered the artist inside themselves and learned how to create art through photography.
Appreciations from the experts
“I consider Julia’s (en)Visionography and Photography Drawing the most important innovation in black and white photography since the invention of the Zone System.”
– George DeWolfe – Fine Art Photographer, Instructor & Writer who studied with Ansel Adams and Minor White
More to Learn at New York Workshop 2021
- Learn how to envision, conceive and process your black and white images to create (en)Visionography
- Learn how to process your images with Photography Drawing, by watching me demonstrating the method live.
- Learn the ins and outs of long exposure photography, from a Formatt-Hitech Ambassador, the leading ND filters producer in the world.
- Learn how to use a tilt-shift lens, the best lens for shooting architecture, landscapes and portraits. You do not need to own a tilt-shift lens to attend, but I will show you how to use it.
- Shoot some of the most iconic locations in the world
- Win international fine art photography competitions, with images shot in New York.
How this Artistic Creativity and B&W Fine Art Processing workshop differs from my other (en)Visionography workshops
While my (en)Visionography – The New B&W Fine Art Photography workshops aim to explore the tools you can use to discover your artistic vision and create a personal style, so you can create authentic fine art photography that moves the viewer, and, on the other hand, my Art & Craft of B&W Processing workshops delve more into the act of actually working on your images to put your vision into practice and create a final piece of work, in this new workshop we will blend both aspects with an accent on practical advice in all aspects and the creative tools you can use to create the final piece of work.
This new workshop concept – Artistic Creativity and B&W Fine Art Processing will take you further into the world of creating your photography like an artist, giving you the tools you need to stimulate and use your creativity better and the tools you need to turn this creativity into actual pieces of art through digital editing.
If you have attended one or more of my other creative or processing oriented (en)Visionography workshops, this is the perfect workshop for you, as it is conceived to take you further into the more practical aspects of creativity in art and photography and into the more advanced aspects of black and white fine art processing and give you the tools you need to apply everything in your work. We will do that thoroughly, step-by-step and you will benefit from my direct assistance.
However, you do not need to have attended one of my previous workshops in order to attend this one, as we will work extensively on just as important aspects of fine art photography with results that can be applied immediately even if this is your first workshop ever.
Good learning resources to prepare for this workshop are my book From Basics to Fine Art – Black and White Photography, with co-author Joel Tjintjelaar, and my video tutorial Creating (en)Visionography – Long Exposure, Architecture, Fine Art Photography.
Who can participate
Both beginning and advanced photographers are welcome to New York Workshop 2021, regardless of the gear they use or how long they are working with photography. After all, fine art, (en)Visionography, relies more on the vision of the artist than on his gear. I have won many awards using basic gear and you can do it too.
What equipment/software you need
- A camera with Bulb function so you can shoot long exposure. If you don’t want to shoot long exposure you don’t need the bulb function, but I wouldn’t miss in your place the chance to shoot long exposure. Some newer cameras can shoot longer exposures in Manual mode too. If you on such a camera, you will not need the Bulb function.
- Your favorite lenses. A wide-angle lens will help you and if you have a tilt-shift, you will see how good it is for shooting in the city.
- ND filters if you want to shoot long exposure. Recommended: Formatt-Hitech Firecrest or Firecrest Ultra 10, 13 (or 14) and 16 stops ND filters. Alternatively, Formatt-Hitech Firecrest or Firecrest Ultra 10, 6 and 3-stop (or 4-stop) ND filters. Or you can opt for a wider range consisting of a set of 3 (or 4), 6, 10, 13 and 16-stop ND filters that will help you cover any exposure you may need. You can use the square or circular filter version. For any Formatt-Hitech Filter, holder or accessory you need to purchase, use the code JULIA10 to get 10% discount when ordering from www.formatt-hitech.com or http://www.formatt-hitechusa.com/
- A tripod to stabilize your camera during long exposures or to experiment with creative photography (motion blur, ICM etc.)
- A cable release/remote control to control the shutter during the exposures.
- A laptop or notebook, with installed processing software for practicing during the instructional sessions. You can use Photoshop, Lightroom, Topaz Labs, Luminar, DxO or other software you are familiar with. For any Topaz Labs product, you can use the code JULIAG to get 15% discount when ordering from this link. For Luminar or any other Macphun/Skylum product you can use the code JULIAG to get 10% discount when ordering from this link.
- Here you can find more gear and software recommendations. Choose based on your skills and style.
In addition, you need love for photography and enthusiasm to express yourselves as artists. Passion and artistic aspiration are priceless in fine art photography.
What my alumni students say
“Where I am in photography now, I owe it to Julia for being such a awesome mentor and teacher.”
“Julia is a true professional in her approach to photography.“
“Julia Anna’s approach, (en)Visonography, is a game changer for anyone looking to improve their Fine Art Photography.”
“Taking Julia’s workshop was the best thing I ever did: her natural teaching style gave me the confidence I needed.”
“I’ve learned that to become the best, you learn from the best, so I sought out Julia.”
“I believe Julia is one the best fine art photographers in the world. I fell in love with her work as soon as I discovered it.”
“Julia’s work is only surpassed by her gentle spirit and kindness as an instructor. “
“Learning from Julia is not just intensive and packed with valuable information, it is also fun and exciting.”
“I highly recommend Julia’s workshops to anyone wanting to take their work to a level that they may have never thought possible. “
“Julia is a true inspiration, a great photographer and I don’t think I would be able to learn from anyone else so quickly. “
“I will forever be indebted to Julia, studying with her has truly been both an honor and a transformation for myself and my profession.”
“She changed the way I see, the way I approach a subject, the way I react to light, and the way I process my images. “
“The phrase “Highly Recommended” is just an understatement to describe Julia’s workshops. “
“Julia’s goal is to see each one of her students excel in both technical and creative aspects. “
More testimonials here: Students Testimonials
What is Included:
Professional award-winning instructor
Theoretical presentations in the classroom.
Processing instructional sessions.
Access to conference room with high-end equipment for the presentations.
What is NOT included:
Visas – The visa is exclusively the responsibility of the student and we cannot provide it or facilitate its issue.
Travel Expenses (Flights etc)
Travel or health insurances
Other expenses due to events outside the organizer’s control.
It is highly advisable to purchase your own insurances covering gear, health, travel and possible cancellations which are not included. There are very reasonably priced options for travel & cancellation insurance, so please make sure you have insurance before attending the workshop.
Refunds and Cancellations:
We STRONGLY recommend that you purchase cancellation insurance, that will refund you if you have to cancel your trip. Travelguard.com and Worldnomads.com are good choices for this purpose or compare plans at www.quotewright.com.
In the case of a cancellation, the request must be made in writing at email@example.com . A commitment fee of 30% of the value of the workshop/event fee is NON-REFUNDABLE. This fee is meant to cover the preliminary organizing and administrative costs. Refunds will be in full, (less the 30% commitment fee) if cancellation is made up to 90 days prior to the start of the workshop. NO REFUND will be made for cancellations made after the 90 days limit unless you can find a replacement student for your spot. The workshop/course fee is event-related and CANNOT be transferred to another workshop or course.
The organizer has the right to change the routes, program or any other activity at any time, if considered necessary or in the cases where it is impossible to follow the initial program due to external causes or any other reasons that might obstruct it. The information on this page is subject to change without notice. The workshop may be canceled in the unlikely event the minimum number of participants is not met. (BTW, never happened.)
Read here the detailed Terms & Conditions . By attending the workshop you agree to these terms and conditions.
Julia Anna Gospodarou – (en)Visionographer
Julia Anna Gospodarou is an internationally acclaimed photographer, architect with a Master degree, author and highly sought-after educator, teaching workshops and lecturing around the world. Founder of (en)Visionography™ and creator of Photography Drawing™, author of the best-selling book From Basics to Fine Art – Black and White Photography , with high distinctions in the most important photography competitions worldwide (International Photography Awards IPA Photographer of the Year, World Photography Awards SWPA and Hasselblad Masters finalist, as well as 80+ more awards), widely published internationally in books and magazines, Julia is passionate about the art in photography and striving to spread it into the world.</em