NEW VIDEO TUTORIAL + NEW PROCESSING eBOOK
(SECOND EDITION 2021)
LONG EXPOSURE, ARCHITECTURE, FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHY
2.5+-HOUR VIDEO TUTORIAL
50+-PAGE NEW eBOOK: “ADVANCED BLACK AND WHITE PROCESSING WITH PhtD™ – PHOTOGRAPHY DRAWING”
From the winner of
ARCHITECTURE PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR IPA 2016
WORLD PHOTOGRAPHY AWARDS FINALIST
HASSELBLAD MASTERS FINALIST
– JULIA ANNA GOSPODAROU –
This video tutorial and eBook aim to change the way you see photography and to open a new world for you in fine art. They aim to teach you how you can use photography as a tool to express your deepest and most essential vision and be able to create art. (VIDEO SUMMARY BELOW)
Watch below a short preview of the video or watch it on Vimeo.
We recorded this video earlier this year in Amsterdam with Diego Rosero, architect and photographer/cinematographer.
LONG EXPOSURE, ARCHITECTURE, FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHY PRACTICAL TOOLS
After the success of my best-selling book From Basics to Fine Art – Black and White Photography – Architecture and Beyond, considered by prestigious fine art photographers “the best book on black and white photography written in the last 40 years”, this new video tutorial gives the practical tools on how to create fine art photography in a new way, by working with long exposure and architecture, but extending the knowledge to any subject and technique you may work with
(en)Visionography and Photography Drawing were highly praised by numerous critics and photographers – “I consider Julia’s (en)Visionography and Photography Drawing the most important innovation in black and white photography since the invention of the Zone System.” (George DeWolfe). In this video, I will analyze these concepts and show how you can practically apply them in fine art photography.
KNOWLEDGE TESTED IN PRACTICE WITH RESULT TENS OF AWARDS
Having the experience of winning more than 80 awards and distinctions with my photography in international photography competitions, having taught numerous workshops and mentored students worldwide on fine art photography and (en)Visionography, and after having received many requests to talk about (en)Visionography in a video format, I am releasing this extensive Long Exposure, Architecture, Fine Art Photography Video Tutorial on Creating (en)Visionography, that will show you the secrets of how I create (en)Visionography, this new way of creating fine art photography.
I will show you how to conceive your photography according to your vision so the result can provoke emotion in the viewer – the same emotion you feel yourself when creating your work.
2.5-HOUR LONG EXPOSURE, ARCHITECTURE, FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHY VIDEO TUTORIAL + NEW ADVANCED PROCESSING eBOOK
In 2.5 hours of rich content, I’m analyzing (en)Visionography, I’m exploring the depths of fine art photography and I’m explaining how you can create a personal style in photography based on your own vision and representation of the world. The explanations contain rich details and in-depth analysis of how to create long exposure photography and architecture photography, giving you an insight into my photography thinking process and also guiding you step-by-step on how to apply in practice everything i do myself to create award-winning photographs, through hands-on case studies and direct descriptions.
BONUS – NEW 50-PAGE eBOOK
“ADVANCED BLACK AND WHITE PROCESSING WITH PhtD™ – PHOTOGRAPHY DRAWING”
In addition, you will receive my new 50-page eBook describing in detail my personal black and white processing method Photography Drawing applied on one on of my gold-awarded images, showing you how I process my images from start to finish.
VIDEO TUTORIAL SUMMARY
CREATING (en)VISIONOGRAPHY™ – THE NEW FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHY – VISION AND CONCEPT
1. Introduction – Purpose of the Presentation
2. Location and Study Topics – Overview
3. What is Fine Art Photography – Photography Seen as a Tool, Not an End Goal
4. Talking about Art Instead of Fine Art Photography
5. Creating a Personal Photography
6. The Place of Photography in the Process of Creation
7. Using a Visual Language in Fine Art Photography
8. The Personal Language of the Artist in Fine Art Photography
9. Personal Statement and Vision in Photography
10. The Birth of (en)Visionography™
11. What is (en)Visionography™
12. Passion as Driving Force in Creating Fine Art Photography
13. Photography Drawing™ (PhtD) Processing Method – How I Created It
14. Photography Drawing™ as a Processing Method
LONG EXPOSURE PHOTOGRAPHY
1. Introduction – Long Exposure As a Tool to Create Art
2. Long Exposure as a Technique – Types of Long Exposure – Daytime vs Nightime Long Exposure
3. What are Neutral Density Filters
4. What Neutral Density Intensities to Use and When
5. Stacking Filters to Increase Intensity with Circular Filters
6. Neutral Density Filter Shapes – Square vs Circular Shape and When to Use Them – Neutral Density Grad Filters
7. Dealing with Light Leak When Shooting Long Exposure
8. Avoiding Light Leak When Shooting with Square Neutral Density Filters
9. Regular vs Slim Neutral Density Filters and How to Use Them
EQUIPMENT FOR SHOOTING LONG EXPOSURE
1. Equipment for Architecture and Long Exposure Photography – Overview
2. How to Choose a Tripod
3. How to Choose a Camera
4. Best Lenses for Long Exposure and Architecture Photography
5. Setting up the Tripod – Using an “L” Plate
6. Leveling the Camera
7. Using Neutral Density Filters
8. How to Choose and Use the Cable Release
9. Advanced Tips for Avoiding Vibrations with Long Exposure
10. Calculating the Exposure with an Exposure Calculator
11. How to Decide the Best Exposure – Vision and Conditions
THE TILT-SHIFT LENS – HANDS-ON PRESENTATION
1. Introduction – Tilt-Shift lens – What It Is and How It Functions
2. The Keystone Effect – What It Is and How to Correct It with the Tilt-Shift Lens
3. Composing with the Tilt-Shift Lens – Foreground and Background
4. Using the Tilt-Shift lens As a Tool to Express Your Vision
5. Avoiding Light Leak When Shooting Long Exposure with a Tilt-Shift Lens
TAKING THE PHOTOGRAPH FROM START TO FINISH – VISION, COMPOSITION, EXECUTION – CASE STUDY – EYE FILM INSTITUTE AMSTERDAM
1. Assessing the Scene and the Shooting Conditions
2. Preparing to Take the Photograph
3. Studying the Subject
4. Vision, Previsualization and Composition
5. Setting up the Camera for the Long Exposure Shot
6. Tips for Working with Long Exposure
6. Tip 01
7. Tip 02
8. Tip 03
9. Tip 04
10. Tip 05
11. Applying the Filter on the Lens
12. Switching to Bulb and Taking the Shot
13. Checking the Result
14. Hands-on Demo of Shooting a Long Exposure Photograph – EYE Film Institute Amsterdam
15. The Result
APPROACHING ARCHITECTURE IN FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHY
1. Capturing the Light and Volumes – Composition and “Designing” the Image
2. Approaching Architecture As a Particular Subject – Modern vs Classic Architecture
STUDYING THE SUBJECT PRIOR TO PHOTOGRAPHING IT
1. Understanding the Subject – Studying It in Advance and at the Location – Case Study – “The Rock” Building Amsterdam
SHOOTING ARCHITECTURE LONG EXPOSURE WITH THE TILT-SHIFT LENS – CASE STUDY – CALATRAVA BRIDGE AMSTERDAM
1. Presenting the Architectural Object and Scouting the Location
2. Starting with Enouncing Your Vision and Intention for the Image
3. Hands-On Shooting Process – Choosing the Equipment and Deciding the Composition
4. Analyzing the Conditions, Choosing the Best Camera Settings, Setting Up and Taking the Shot
5. Checking the Image and Making Sure the Result is Perfect
6. The Result
HOW TO AVOID MISTAKES WHEN SHOOTING LONG EXPOSURE
1. Tips on How To Avoid Common and Uncommon Long Exposure Issues
2. Tip 01
3. Tip 02
4. Tip 03
CONCLUSION – FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHY AS AN ONGOING PROCESS
1. Creating Emotion Through Fine Art Photography by Revealing the Artist’s Soul
2. Start with Your Emotion and Create Your Own Fine Art Path
3. Education in Fine Art Photography and Finding a Mentor
4. Fine Art photography Study Resources
50-PAGE NEW eBOOK: “ADVANCED BLACK AND WHITE PROCESSING WITH PhtD™ – PHOTOGRAPHY DRAWING”
Julia Anna Gospodarou’s
ADVANCED PROCESSING METHOD
BLACK & WHITE FINE ART
Step-by-step black and white processing workflow for Photography Drawing, showing the creation from start to finish of one of Julia Anna Gospodarou’s gold awarded images.
You can purchase the tutorial by clicking on the button below or from this link: Creating (en)Visionography Video Tutorial.
“Thank you so much for your course. You can read bits and pieces about fine art architecture and about long exposure photography here and there but I haven’t found so far such a comprehensive tutorial that puts everything together and explains everything from both a practical and an artistic angle. It was a revelation for me. More of this!” – Randy S.
“So many tips to pick up from this video from a real master. I really enjoyed your demonstration of what you can achieve with a tilt-shift lens. Excellent editing ebook too.”- Peter G.
“Julia Anna you are such an inspiration. I’m honored to learn from you. This tutorial is a fantastic addition to the workshops I attended with you. I loved it and it gave me ideas for my work.” – Chris M.
“I have ordered Julia’s tutorial and I just finished watching it and reading the bonus book. I’m very happy and inspired and I cannot wait to get out to put into practice what I learned. I recommend the tutorial to anyone who wants to learn to do long exposure photography like a pro and express their artistic vision in their photography. If you want that, Creating Envisionography is for you.” – Alex W.
“Thank you so much for what was an eye-opening to not just the possibilities of post processing, but ultimately, my own vision and how I will capture/create images in the future.” – Hardy L.
“Great tutorial. Easy to follow and apply and with an insight into artistic vision and (en)Visionography that opens your eyes. Highly recommended.” – Tony S.
“I’ve been following your work for many years and it never fails to impress me. You are a great artist and a great teacher. Thank you for another fantastic tutorial. Regards.” – Stacy N.
“Best course on artistic long exposure photography and architecture. I was inspired by it to shoot buildings even if I’m a landscape photographer mainly. But practically you can apply what you learn in this course to both. Loved the tips. Thank you for the inspiration.” – Christophe D.
“I am completely satisfied with all three (en)Visionography courses with video training that I have purchased.” – Bruce M.