SAN FRANCISCO 2018
Black and White Photography with a Vision
March 23-25, 2018
If you would like to join the waiting list, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Create MORE than photography
JULIA ANNA GOSPODAROU
IPA Architecture Photographer of the Year
For the first time, after many requests, (en)Visionography goes to San Francisco
“The phrase “Highly Recommended” is just an understatement to describe Julia’s workshops.“
I believe photography is an art.
I believe the vision of the artist is what gives birth to his work.
I believe art can help us reach the essence of life.
I believe photography can be MORE than just photography: It can be
This is what you will learn to create in San Francisco.
What San Francisco Workshop 2018 will teach you
– ARTISTIC VISION –
– THE ART OF BLACK AND WHITE PHOTOGRAPHY –
– MASTERFUL POST-PROCESSING –
- San Francisco Workshop 2018 will teach you how to transform your black and white photography into (en)Visionography, how to transform it into ART.
- It will teach you how to create EMOTION and how to reach deeper into your viewers’ soul.
- It will teach you more than just photography, it will teach you how to be an ARTIST.
- It will teach you how to turn your images into AWARD-WINNING photographs, worth being exhibited in the most exclusive fine art galleries in the world.
- All these skills will help you become a professional fine art photographer and be able to make a living from what you love, your photography.
(en)Visionography = Artist’s Vision & Personal Style = EMOTION
How does it work?
From the initial sparkle of vision till advanced black and white fine art post-processing with the method of Photography Drawing™, we will cover everything in depth, while revealing your personal style and helping the artist inside you manifest through photography.
You don’t believe you are an artist? THINK AGAIN!
You may not know yet what you hide inside you, but if you are reading this, I can guarantee you that you are an artist and you will be amazed to discover the artistic richness you hide inside. I will show you how to do it in the San Francisco Workshop 2018.
With a camera, a processing software and your mind and soul, you can create real art. Proof? All my alumni students who had amazing achievements because they discovered the artist inside themselves and learned how to create art through photography.
Examples of Past Years Students Work
San Francisco Workshop 2018 Program Outline
Lectures & Free Discussions
- Vision and how to create (en)Visionography™ – Lecture & free discussion with the students
- The Guide to Vision™ – Practical advice on how to find your personal style – Lecture & free discussion with the students
- Theoretical basis of my black and white processing method Photography Drawing™ – Lecture & free discussion with the students
- How to See in Black and White – Learning to see and create light in black and white – Lecture & free discussion with the students
Black and White Fine Art Processing Demonstrations
- Live demonstration of my entire black and white fine art processing workflow – Advanced black and white fine art processing – demonstrating in practice my method Photography Drawing™, the method I use in my photography and that brought me many awards, fully applied on one of my images – Processing instructional session
Shooting in the Field
ARCHITECTURE & SEASCAPES
- Shooting in the field the most iconic locations of San Francisco, and hands-on instructional sessions: long exposure and fine art black and white architectural photography
We will mostly shoot architecture and seascapes, but the knowledge you will get from this workshop can be applied on any subject, since it is based on your personal style and not necessarily on the subject.
For those who need to travel and arrange their trip to San Francisco, we will be starting the workshop on Friday March 23 around 8:30 AM and finish on Sunday 25 around 6:00 PM. The meeting room for the instructional sessions will be located centrally in San Francisco.
Appreciations from the experts
“I consider Julia’s (en)Visionography and Photography Drawing the most important innovation in black and white photography since the invention of the Zone System.”
– George DeWolfe – Fine Art Photographer, Instructor & Writer who studied with Ansel Adams and Minor White
More to Learn at San Francisco Workshop 2018
- Learn how to envision, conceive and process your black and white images to create (en)Visionography.
- Learn how to discover your vision and create a personal style
- Learn how to process your images with Photography Drawing, by watching me demonstrating the method live.
- Learn the ins and outs of long exposure photography, from an artist featured by Formatt-Hitech, the leading ND filters producer in the world.
- Learn how to use a tilt-shift lens, the best lens for shooting architecture, landscapes and portraits. You do not need to own a tilt-shift lens to attend, but I will show you how to use it.
- Shoot some of the most iconic locations in the world
- Win international fine art photography competitions, with images shot in San Francisco.
Who can participate
Both beginning and advanced photographers are welcome to San Francisco Workshop 2018, regardless the gear they use or how long they are doing photography. After all, fine art, (en)Visionography, relies more on the vision of the artist than on his gear. I have won many awards with basic gear and you can do it too.
What equipment you need
- A camera with bulb function so you can shoot long exposure. If you don’t want to shoot long exposure you don’t need the bulb function, but I wouldn’t miss in your place the chance to do it.
- Your favorite lenses. A wide angle lens will help you and if you have a tilt-shift, you will see how good it is for shooting architecture.
- ND filters if you want to shoot long exposure. Recommended: 10, 13 and 16 stops ND filters. Alternatively, 10, 6 and 3-stops ND filters.
- A tripod to stabilize your camera during long exposures
- A cable release/remote control/remote app to control the shutter during the exposures.
In addition, love for photography and enthusiasm to express yourselves as artists. Passion and artistic aspiration are priceless in fine art photography.
What my alumni students say
“Where I am in photography now, I owe it to Julia for being such a awesome mentor and teacher.”
“Julia is a true professional in her approach to photography.“
“Taking Julia’s workshop was the best thing I ever did: her natural teaching style gave me the confidence I needed.”
“I’ve learned that to become the best, you learn from the best, so I sought out Julia.”
“I believe Julia is one the best fine art photographers in the world. I fell in love with her work as soon as I discovered it.”
“Julia’s work is only surpassed by her gentle spirit and kindness as an instructor. “
“Learning from Julia is not just intensive and packed with valuable information, it is also fun and exciting.”
“I highly recommend Julia’s workshops to anyone wanting to take their work to a level that they may have never thought possible. “
“Julia is a true inspiration, a great photographer and I don’t think I would be able to learn from anyone else so quickly. “
“I will forever be indebted to Julia, studying with her has truly been both an honor and a transformation for myself and my profession.”
“She changed the way I see, the way I approach a subject, the way I react to light, and the way I process my images. “
“The phrase “Highly Recommended” is just an understatement to describe Julia’s workshops. “
“Julia’s goal is to see each one of her students excel in both technical and creative aspects. “
More testimonials here: Students Testimonials
What is Included:
Professional award-winning instructor
Theoretical presentations in the classroom.
Processing instructional sessions.
Access to conference room with high-end equipment for the presentations.
What is NOT included:
Visas – The visa is exclusively the responsibility of the student and we cannot provide it or facilitate its issue.
Travel Expenses (Flights etc)
Travel or health insurances
Other expenses due to events outside the organizer’s control.
It is highly advisable to purchase your own insurances covering gear, health, travel and possible cancellations which are not included.
Refunds and Cancellations:
We strongly recommend that you purchase a cancellation insurance, that will refund you if you have to cancel your trip. Travelguard.com is a good choice for this purpose or compare plans at www.quotewright.com. In the case of a cancellation, the request must be made in writing at email@example.com . A commitment fee of 30% of the value of the workshop/event fee is non-refundable. This fee is meant to cover the preliminary researching, organizing and administrative costs. Refunds will be in full, (less the 30% commitment fee) if cancellation is made up to 90 days prior to the start of the workshop. No refund will be made for cancellations made after the 90 days limit, unless you can find a replacement student for your spot. The workshop/course fee is event related and cannot be transferred to another workshop or course.
The organizer has the right to change the routes, program or any other activity at any time, if considered necessary or in the cases where it is impossible to follow the initial program due to external causes or any other reasons that might obstruct it. The information on this page is subject to change without notice. The workshop may be canceled in the unlikely event the minimum number of participants is not met.
Read here the detailed Terms & Conditions
Julia Anna Gospodarou – (en)Visionographer
Julia Anna Gospodarou is an internationally acclaimed photographer, author and educator, teaching workshops and lecturing around the world. Founder of (en)Visionography™ and Photography Drawing™, co-author of the best-selling book From Basics to Fine Art, with high distinctions in the most important photography competitions worldwide, published internationally in numerous books and magazines, Julia is passionate about art and striving to spread it into the world.